Shelfies… have you heard of them? They’re cute little vignettes that display your best decor and accessories. ZGallerie is having a 15% off sale on decor and art, so it’s the perfect time to snag a few new accessories for your shelfie!
Whether you have a large shelf system, like these:
Or bookcases or wall shelves, styling them is the perfect way to add in some of those accessories you already have or new ones that you picked up on your latest shopping spree.
I picked out 12 of my favorite accessories from ZGallerie that would be perfect for some shelfie decor, and you can use that coupon code to save 15% on most of these items.
10 Tips for creating the perfect shelfie:
- Don’t be afraid to use a wide array of items: vases, bookends, globes, books books books, figurines, photos, faux plants, candles, bowl, etc. All of those items can work on any kind of shelf.
- Make sure you shelfie decor matches other items in the room. Try to stick to the same color scheme through, so everything is cohesive and looks like it belongs together.
- Stack books horizontally and place some figurines/statues/bowls on top of the books.
- Also place some books vertically standing up, so you can use some stylish bookends.
- Decorative vases are a must. You don’t have to have a bunch of them, but 1 or 2 really creates a nice look.
- Faux plants/flowers in a vase work great. Use succulents, faux orchids/roses/peonies, etc to add in some color to the shelf if you need it. Fresh flowers work great, too!
- A frame or two of artwork or family photos makes the shelf a little more personal.
- Canisters with patterns or colors work best to add a little more design to your shelfie.
- Use candles! Whether they have a scent or are unscented, they’re great for placing on top of books or using as bookends, and some candles come in great patterns/colors.
- Move things around and switch decor objects out every once in a while. Change out your artwork. Add something that’s meaningful to you or your family. It’ll make it feel fresh and new, and you won’t get bored with your shelfie so easily.
Stuck on what books to use? View this post on my top 10 coffee table books.
I have 6 shelves in our living room… so those are my shelfies. It was probably our worst DIY project we’ve ever done, but they work for now. As you can see, there aren’t any books on mine because we built them way too shallow… but lesson learned for next time… if there’s a next time. 😉
Do you have a shelfie in your home? If you don’t have one, shelfies are the new #selfies, and everyone’s doing it, so get on board and go for it! 😉