For this week’s edition of Tuesday Ten, I thought I would share some facts about myself, so you could get to know me a little bit better.
- I am a hoarder of plates, glasses, cake stands, lamps and pillows. It’s so bad that I don’t even have enough space in my cabinets to house everything. In fact, the cake stands have been relocated to a closet and bookshelf in a bedroom. Isn’t that terrible? I’m trying to get better, but as with every addiction, it takes time and lots of willpower. I know you can’t really tell what’s going on in this photo, but those are mostly dessert plates and dishes. I’m pretty sure I’ve never hosted an ice cream party before, but you better believe I am more than prepared for one! 😉
- I love, love, love Chick Fil A. I could eat it every day, but that’s terrible, so I try to just limit myself to just once a week or so.
- I am super competitive at games. It’s really bad. Years ago, I vowed to never, ever play Monopoly again because that game is just awful. All people do is spend a whole bunch of money buying hotels and maxing everything out. What fun is that?! haha! So yeah, my husband and mom try to get me to play it every year, but that will never happen. I won’t give in!!
- I spend way more money on home decor than I do on clothes/shoes. Although I am trying to make myself dress a little better these days. You know, less t-shirts and tennis shoes anyways. 😉
- I have some shoes that I bought from Payless probably 15 years ago, and I still wear them regularly. They’re the perfect neutral shoe, and you can wear socks with them (BONUS!!). Both my husband and my mom HATE them, but they’re so comfortable, and I’ve never found anything remotely capable of replacing them, so I still wear them. Who knew shoes from Payless would last so long?! I love them!!
- I am a spreadsheet freak. I make tons and tons of spreadsheets for everything in order to keep life together. Planning an event? Spreadsheet. Christmas gift ideas? Spreadsheet. Managing house bills? Spreadsheet. Lists for things I want in my dream house? Spreadsheet. I have so many spreadsheet in Google, it should be embarrassing… but I’m not embarrassed at all.
- I read TMZ and E! News celebrity gossip every morning when I first wake up. I have those two apps, and I love them!! I just love celebrity news.
- I worked at a tv news station for almost 9 years! I start there when I was 16 years old, and when Jacob and I got married, we moved to Shreveport, so I had to leave. I firmly believe that had I never moved, I would probably still work there today. I really loved it, even when it was so incredibly stressful, and I do miss it from time to time, but I’m so glad to have my own business now (Notable Affairs).
- I have 15 Kate Spade purses. Addicted much? I’m now trying to expand my collection to some other brands. 😉 Prada, Celine, Givenchy are just a few of the brands I’d love to own one day.
- I’ve lived in Lake Charles, LA my entire life except for the 2 years I lived in Shreveport/Bossier City. I long to live in a big city where there are actually all 4 seasons. I’m open to almost anywhere in the US, but I gotta see snow and mountains. That’s not too much to ask for, right?!
- BONUS!! I have not shopped at Walmart in over 3 years! After living in Lake Charles almost all of my life, shopping at Walmart was just what you did. If you needed groceries, you most likely went to Walmart for them. Of course there are other stores, but Walmart is probably the cheapest in our area. However, shortly after we built our house in Bossier, I stopped going to Walmart. The stores there never had the things we needed, so I just cut it out. Once we moved back to Lake Charles 2.5 years ago, I vowed to continue avoiding Walmart, and my life has never been better! HA! The Lake Charles Walmart is SO frustrating, so I just decided to be happier and avoid it from now on. You should try it if your local store always aggravates you like it does me. Ours hardly ever has a large amount of checkouts open and the people are grumpy, so why have that in your life? I’ve only shopped there once since we moved back because we needed some Halloween candy and couldn’t find it at the other stores, but other than that I avoid it like the Plague. 😉 My mom constantly tries to get me to go there with her, but I try to hold strong most of the time!
I hope you learned a few interesting things about me. I promise I’m not crazy! 😉 😉 😉