I officially have a blog! I’ve always wanted to share a little bit about life, travel adventures, photography, decorating and baking. I love lots of things, especially my business and customers, but I do have quite a few other hobbies and passions… all of which you will probably see here on this blog.
About my invitation business: Notable Affairs began in March 2012. Shortly after Jacob and I married, I discovered my love for designing invitations and promptly opened a store on Etsy. I didn’t really know what to expect and had no idea what I was doing, but I wanted to try. My first order was a custom design. Yikes. That was definitely a test right off that bat. Luckily, I didn’t let it scare me away, and now I’ve been in business for 4 years. I can’t believe how much it’s grown in just a short amount of time, and I can’t wait to see where this business heads next. I love it, and I have so many ideas on how to make things even better, so be on the lookout for new and exciting things in the years ahead! I am currently working on a website for Notable Affairs where you can shop and see all of my designs, so be on the lookout for that site coming soon!
Photography is something that I’ve been into for the last 8 years or so. Once I got my first DSLR, it all just escalated from there. Photographing trips, personal DIY projects and decor around our house is what I really enjoy on a regular basis, and without photography, I definitely would not be very creative. It’s really allowed me to express myself and develop a creative eye for things others might not see. I currently have the Nikon D750, and it has changed my life. It’s a really great camera. Get one! 🙂
If there was only one thing you needed to know about me other than my Notable Affairs business and love of photography, it would be that I am a huge decorator. I love it, and luckily for me, my husband doesn’t seem to mind my taste too much. Every now and then, he will have an opinion or say “no” about an idea I have, but for the most part, I can usually get him to come around and agree with me in the end. I spend way too much money on decor and changing things up around our house, but to be honest, I’m still finding my style, so that requires switching things out from time to time, right? I’m currently on a mission to decorate every room in our house. The main areas that guests actually see are already pretty much done, so now begins all of the other bedrooms including our master. I’ll be sure to post some updates on the rooms once I start tackling them.
Another thing I love… desserts. Well, mostly cake and cookies and of course, my personal favorite, ice cream. I mean, who doesn’t? I would bake all of the time if I didn’t constantly gain weight from sweets or worry about diabetes, so I don’t do it as often as I’d like, but you may just see a few fun treats on the blog. My desserts may not be award-winning or look the prettiest, but I can guarantee they’ll be delicious!
Here’s some more random facts:
- I have a husband, Jacob, and two dogs, Izzy (Shih tzu) and Hallie (beagle mix)
- Jacob and I have been together since high school and almost half of our lives. Time flies for sure! We married in March 2012 and have been enjoying life together ever since!
- I could eat Chick Fil A every day of the week. I’m serious.
- I have bad road rage. I’m trying to work on it every day. I don’t yell or flip anyone off. It’s usually just like saying, “Seriously?” or I just throw my arms up in the air like, “What are you doing?” I guess it could be worse? I also honk. A lot.
- I shop online a lot. It’s my preferred method of shopping, especially if I find good deals and coupon codes. I rarely by anything full price. I just can’t do it. If you shop a lot online like me, sign up for Coupon Cabin or Ebates, and you’ll find lots of coupons and get cash back from your purchases. It’s the best thing ever. Trust me. Go sign up right now!
- I watch way too much tv. It’s a really bad habit, but working from home has pretty much made that happen. I have way too many favorite shows, and if you ask, I’ll probably name 10 of them because I could never choose just one (Parenthood, Scandal, Grey’s, 90210, etc).
- My all-time favorite movie is “My Best Friend’s Wedding” with Julia Roberts. I have loved it forever, and while it’s not one of those award-winning movies or something that’ll change your life, for me, it’s just one of those movies I could watch over and over again and never tire of it. I wish they would remake it though, so the hair styles are a little more updated. ?
- I won a ZGallerie decorating contest for Christmas in 2014. Let’s just say I was over the moon when I found out that I won. It was definitely a great day, and I’m so lucky to have had my decor style acknowledged. Very flattering!
- I tagged inspire_me_home_decor on Instagram and was featured for my Christmas decorations in 2015. I was super excited once I realized she featured my photo, especially since there are over 2 million followers! Another pretty exciting day!
- Glitter is my signature color! My second favorite is red, but I really love almost all colors.
- I absolutely love dogs, especially furry ones. I really want a sheepdog one day. It doesn’t have to be full sheepdog, but it must have some sheepdog in it. Have you seen Sheepadoodles? OMG! Google them. You’ll be in love.