I last shared an update on our master bedroom in June (here), but I’m happy to say this room is pretty much complete! Just as a refresh, here’s some before pictures:
And now, the after pictures of the makeover in all of its glory:
Didn’t it turn out just beautiful!? I really love it in there. Here’s everything that changed or got an upgrade:
- Painted the wall behind the bed “Dark Granite” by Behr
- Switched out the lamps to these gold and white beauties! The lamp shades are gold on the inside, and I’m not sure if you can tell, but they’re extremely tall. They’re by far the best thing I’ve purchased in quite some time. They came from Kirklands and unfortunately are no longer available, but if they appear on their website again, I’ll be sure to provide an update because they’re that awesome! I picked them up on major clearance over the summer ($75 for two).
- I finally found some modern nightstands that look like they belong next to our king bed. You can find them at Target, and of course, wait until they’re on sale!
- The comforter is from Kohl’s. It’s Jennifer Lopez Bedding. You can find it here.
- The white curtains are from Hobby Lobby of all places. Have you ever checked out their curtains? We now have three rooms that use curtains from Hobby Lobby. Their sales are amazing and these curtains were on clearance. Score! They’re lined and have a small modern print on them, but you can’t really see that in these photos. I had originally wanted black out curtains, but I really like how these let in a bit of light, but still seem to block out some of the heat. Bonus!
- The painting to the right is a DIY.
- The mirrors above the nightstands are from Hobby Lobby. They were a light green/turquoise color, and I spray painted them gold a while back.
- The other mirror above the bed came from Marshalls.
The only thing I may want to do one day is add some crown molding, but for now, I can definitely live without it. What do you think of the update to our master bedroom? It’s probably the only room in our house that doesn’t have any bright colors, so I may need to add a pop of teal in there one day.
I’m so glad to have finally finished this room!