One of my absolute favorite things to do during a holiday is create a stellar tablescape. I feel like tablescapes can really set the tone of an event or holiday, and if your home is like mine, the dining room is one of the first things you see when you enter. Each year, especially for Christmas, I try to change up my table, so the decor is new and fresh. Whether it’s just using old items I already have or picking up a few new things, I always try to change it up from year to year without breaking the bank.
I’m currently gathering ideas on how I’d like to decorate the dining table this Christmas, but I created this inspiration to get me going. As with last year, I’m planning to use metallics and lots of winter white. Here are some of my favorite items I’ve found this year:
- These placemats have been on my list to buy for a while, so I might pick them up one day soon. I’m just having a hard time deciding which color… silver or gold?
- Gold chargers are always a plus in my book. I have a few gold sets already, but I do love the different edge around these.
- You probably can’t tell from the photo, but these plates are a bit more bronze and sparkly. They also come in silver!
- I own these white plates already, and I firmly believe white plates are classic and you can never go wrong with them in a tablescape.
- Fun holiday dessert or salad plates are one of my favorite things to use on the table. You can easily remove them and put something else in its place to have a whole new look for a table without having to redo the entire space. 😉
- I have some napkins similar to these in silver, but I love the gold too, and I might “need” them one day!
- Gold flatware… need I say more? I snagged some from Pier 1 a while back (they were a Christmas gift), but these are just as great!
- I tend to switch up my glassware throughout the holiday. Some days I’ll have regular glasses on the table and other days I’ll use some fancier wine or champagne glasses. It just depends on my mood for the day I guess, but I love these with the gold rim.
- These marble hexagon coasters are amazing!! I have some very similar to these as well, and you can’t go wrong with them at all.
- Oh, candelabras. I’m seriously trying not to pick these up. They’re so affordable, especially where they come from, so I might be adding them to my shopping list very soon.
- Last but not least, a fab table runner is a must in my book. I absolutely love this one. It’s so white, has a little bit of a pattern/texture to it, and it just looks so dang soft!!
How do you like to decorate your table for the holiday? I’m still browsing and gathering ideas while hoping to not spend too many more pennies on holiday decor, but be sure to check back soon for photos of our tablescapes for this year’s events!