I love books. Real actual books that you can hold. BUT I hardly ever “find time” to read, so I’m hoping to change that this year. Ideally, I’d like to read at least one new book every month to make 12 for the year. Since this month is basically over after today, and I’ve hardly opened a book, I really doubt I’ll make it. Although I do have one book I’ve read with about 50 pages to go, so there’s a slight chance I might get it done today! 😉
I have so many books in my office that I’d love to read. Some are little cheesy ones I’ve purchased and others are gifts, so I thought I would make a list of 10 books in hopes of being able to mark them off the list soon.
- Shauna Niequist – Present Over Perfect – This is the book I am almost finished with.
- Emily Giffin – The One and Only – I don’t think I’ve read a book by her yet.
- Lauren Graham – Talking as Fast as I Can – I love Lauren Graham!
- Chip and Joanna Gaines – The Magnolia Story – A gift from my friend, Connie.
- Taylor Jenkins Reid – One True Loves – Another gifts from Connie.
- Rob Lowe – Love Life – Rob Lowe is one of my favorites. I hope this book doesn’t disappoint.
- Lauren Graham – Someday, Someday, Maybe – Again, I love Lauren Graham!
- Katie Finn – Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend – I picked this book up at Sam’s one day. I bought another one about ice cream. 😉
- Jane Green – Family Pictures – Jane Green is one of my favorite easy reads. They’re perfect for reading in a hammock or enjoying a nice day at the beach.
- Shonda Rhimes – Year of Yes – This book is probably the opposite of Present Over Perfect. I’m looking forward to check it out as well.
I know some of these are “younger” books but sometimes books that have absolutely no meaning are the best. They’re an easy way to escape real life problems and worries and just drown yourself in a story that has nothing to do with your life. I do think I would enjoy some police/mystery books as well since I watch a lot of those tv shows. Any good authors I should check out? What’s on your reading list this year, and what books do you recommend I read? I’m always looking for something new!
Connie Tsai says
This is a great list! My goal is to connect with my local library this year so I can start checking out books again!